Final Exams & Quiet Hours
Final Exams take place Dec. 6–10, 2021. 24-hour quiet hours are in effect from 7 p.m. on Fri., Dec. 3 through 10 a.m. on Sat., Dec. 11. Please be respectful of your neighbors’ rights to sleep and study during this time.
Winter Break Check-Out Process
University Housing closes for Winter Break at 5 p.m. on Sat., Dec. 11, 2021 and will reopen at 8 a.m. on Sun., Jan. 9, 2022 for Clemson Residents and Fri., Jan. 14, 2022 for Bridge Residents. Residents may remain on campus throughout final exam week. Residents must depart for Winter Break no later than 5 p.m. on Sat., Dec. 11; residents who are graduating may remain on-campus until 10 a.m. on Fri., Dec. 17.
Residents who may need to stay past Dec.11 may submit a request though Winter Break Late Stay form in the Clemson Home Portal starting Mon., Nov. 15. This should be submitted by Wed., Dec. 8, 2021 for community staff to review. Residents in non-apartment areas cannot stay later then 10 a.m. on Fri., Dec. 17.
Residents in Lightsey Bridge, Douthit West, Calhoun Courts and Thornhill Village are allowed to remain in their apartments over the break, provided they fill out the Winter Break Late Stay Form (opening Mon., Nov. 15) in the Clemson Home Portal by Fri., Dec. 10 at 4pm. Apartment residents who may need to arrive back earlier then the Spring Opening (8 a.m. on Jan. 9, 2022 for Clemson Residents and Jan. 14, 2022 for Bridge Residents) should also complete this form.
Prior to Departure
University Housing closes for Winter Break at 5 p.m. on Sat., Dec. 11, 2021 and will reopen at 8 a.m. on Sun., Jan. 9,
- Remove items from floor(s)
- Clean and vacuum/sweep their entire room/apartment
- Clean dishes, etc. (dirty items should note be left in sinks)
- Remove all trash and recycling to designated areas
- Unplug all electronic devices (except fish tanks and fridges)
- Set thermostat to low point on heat of 70°F, when able
- Lock windows, close blinds, turn off all lights
- Close and lock door on the way out
University Housing staff will enter your room/apartment over the break period to complete inspections. Inspections are for the purpose of assessing the current condition of the space and/or to ensure that all electrical items are unplugged.
If you are moving out of Housing, please speak with your RA or House Manager for more information. You will need to schedule a check-out appointment to be completed with a Residential Living staff member. After your belongings are completely removed, Residential Living staff will walk through your space with you, and then you will return your key at the community desk.
We encourage you to check your Spring 2022 University bills prior to leaving for the fall semester to verify Housing & Dining charges. If you do not plan to be enrolled on campus for the Spring 2022 semester and you see a Housing charge on your bill, you need to complete the Housing and Dining Appeals Form for a School-related cancellation.
Student Mail Services
Student Mail Services will be closed for Thanksgiving Break (Wed., Nov. 24 – Fri., Nov. 26) and Winter Break (Fri., Dec. 24 – Tues., Jan 4). Please remember to postpone all perishable deliveries such as Blue Apron and Hello Fresh during the campus closures, as well as plan for prescription drug deliveries.
The Student Mail Services follows the Clemson Published Academic Calendar for campus closure.
Textbook Rental Return
Textbook rentals can be returned to the Barnes & Noble in the Douthit Hub or by shipping them through UPS. UPS labels can be printed here. The deadline to return Fall 2021 rentals is Fri., Dec. 10, 2021.
Spring Meal Plan Changes
If you would like to make changes to your Meal Plan for Spring 2022, you should make changes in iROAR under Optional Fees. To note: first-year students may only change to another Unlimited Plan and Bridge students are not eligible to make changes to their meal plans.
Spring 2021 Room Change Process
Room changes are not permitted between the fall and spring semesters. Room changes will resume on Jan. 20 after occupancy verification processes have been completed. For more information, visit the Room Change Processes page.
- Consider carpooling to the airport or using other forms of sustainable travel.
- Do you have items that you no longer need or want, but that are in good condition? Please drop off any donation items at the drop boxes on campus.
- Remember to turn down your thermostat, but do not turn it off. Setting the thermostat at 70 degrees on heat will create energy savings while you are not here. Turning the heat off, however, could cause the pipes to freeze!
- Spring Move In begins Sunday, January 9 starting at 8:00am for Clemson-enrolled students. Bridge to Clemson students may return January 14 starting at 8:00am. New residents will check in at the Community Desk for their building (see list below).
- Dining hours are limited during Winter Break and normal operating hours will start Wednesday, January 6. Find more info on the dining website.
If you have questions about Winter Break closing, please speak to a Residential Living staff member. Good luck on your final exams!