Winter Break Schedule
Final Exams & Quiet Hours
- 24/7 Quiet Hours: Sat., December 9 at 7 p.m. through Friday, December 15 at 10 p.m.
- Final Exams: December 11-15
University Housing closes
- Bridge Residents: Sat., December 9, 2023 at 5 p.m.
- Clemson Residents: Sat., December 16, 2023 at 5 p.m.
- Graduating Residents: Fri., December 22, 2023 at 10 a.m.
University Housing opens
- Bridge Residents Thurs., January 4, 2024 at 8 a.m.
- Clemson Residents: Sun., January 7, 2024 at 8 a.m.
What if I need to stay past December 16?
Residents who may need to stay past Dec. 16 may submit a request through Winter Break Late Stay form in the Clemson Home Portal starting Nov. 15. This should be submitted by Fri., Dec. 15, 2023. Residents in non-apartment areas cannot stay later than 10 a.m. on Fri., Dec. 22.
Residents in Lightsey Bridge, Douthit West, Calhoun Courts and Thornhill Village are allowed to remain in their apartments over the break, provided they fill out the Winter Break Late Stay Form (opening Nov. 1) in the Clemson Home Portal by Fri., Dec. 15 at 4pm.
What if I need to be here earlier than Spring Opening?
Apartment residents who may need to arrive back earlier then the Spring Opening (8 a.m. on Jan. 7, 2023 for Clemson Residents and Jan. 4, 2023 for Bridge Residents) should also complete the Winter Break Late Stay Form.
Prior to Departure
- Remove items from floor(s)
- Clean and vacuum/sweep their entire room/apartment
- Clean dishes, etc. (dirty items should note be left in sinks)
- Remove all trash and recycling to designated areas
- Unplug all electronic devices (except fish tanks and fridges)
- Set thermostat to low point on heat of 70°F, when able
- Lock windows, close blinds, turn off all lights
- Close and lock door on the way out
University Housing staff will enter your room/apartment over the break period to complete inspections. Inspections are for the purpose of assessing the current condition of the space and/or to ensure that all electrical items are unplugged.
What if I am moving out?
Please speak with your RA or House Manager for more information. You will need to schedule a check-out appointment to be completed with a Residential Living staff member. After your belongings are completely removed, Residential Living staff will walk through your space with you, and then you will return your key at the community desk.
Self Check-Out is for students who are packed and prepared to leave immediately for Winter Break. Once the process is completed, students will lose building access on their Mobile IDs.
To self check-out of your fall semester room, go to the Clemson Housing Portal. Once you have signed in select the Fall Check-Out button. From there you will select your booking. Before you have checked out make sure you have followed the ‘Items to review list’.
If you do not have a booking for the spring, you will need to check out with your RCM.
To self check-in to your spring semester room, go to the Clemson Housing Portal. Once you have signed in select the Spring Check-In button. From there you will select your booking and complete your check-in.
We encourage you to check your Spring 2024 University bills prior to leaving for the fall semester to verify Housing & Dining charges. If you do not plan to be enrolled on campus for the Spring 2024 semester and you see a Housing charge on your bill, you need to complete the Housing and Dining Appeals Form for a School-related cancellation.
Spring Meal Plan Changes
If you would like to make changes to your Meal Plan for Spring 2024, beginning Nov. 1 at 8:30am, Bridge and Clemson Students will have until Dec. 15 at 11:59pm to make changes. Students will be able to make changes in the Clemson Home portal.
Spring 2024 Room Change Process
Room changes are not permitted between the fall and spring semesters. Room changes will resume on Jan. 18 after occupancy verification processes have been completed. For more information, visit the Room Change Processes page.
Student Mail Services
Student Mail Services will be closed for Thanksgiving Break (Thur., Nov. 23 – Fri., Nov. 24) and Winter Break (Mon., Dec. 25 – Fri., Dec. 29). Please remember to postpone all perishable deliveries such as Blue Apron and Hello Fresh during the campus closures, as well as plan for prescription drug deliveries.
The Student Mail Services follows the Clemson Published Academic Calendar for campus closure.
Textbook Rental Return
Textbook rentals can be returned to the Clemson Bookstore in the Douthit Hub or by shipping them via UPS. A $5 UPS return label can be purchased on the bookstore website. The deadline to return Fall 2023 rentals is Fri., Dec. 15.
- Consider carpooling to the airport or using other forms of sustainable travel.
- Do you have items that you no longer need or want, but that are in good condition? Please drop off any donation items at the drop boxes on campus.
- Remember to turn down your thermostat, but do not turn it off. Setting the thermostat at 70 degrees on heat will create energy savings while you are not here. Turning the heat off, however, could cause the pipes to freeze!
2024 Spring Move-in
- Spring Move-in begins Sunday, January 7 starting at 8:00am for Clemson Enrolled students and Thursday, January 4 for Bridge to Clemson Students. New residents will check in at the Area Desk for their building.
- Other Move-In information is available on our move-in page.
- Dining hours are limited during Winter Break, please see the dining website for more information.
If you have questions about Winter Break closing, please speak to a Residential Living staff member. Good luck on your final exams!