Come join Clemson Home as an Area Desk Assistant! These positions will oversee key management and will be a resource for your peers in their on-campus residential spaces. Areas desks will be open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so we are looking for staff with great customer service skills, willingness to learn about general housing information and serve as a positive representative of Clemson Home. This is a paid position with higher wages for overnight hours. Training will be a paid half day process and be provided in the fall before classes begin. Students must be in good standing with the university and be able to work 10-28 hours a week.
- Manage key desk responsibilities such as: checking residents in/out of their assignments, providing temporary key/access, troubleshooting key issues, and auditing key boxes
- Provide accurate information in a courteous and helpful manner
- Maintain a positive and helpful environment while working cooperatively with other students and professional staff members
- Serve as a receptionist for the department: greet the public, answer phone calls, take messages, answer questions and emails, and refer students and visitors to appropriate staff members or other campus departments
- Perform clerical tasks: file, prepare of sending/receiving documents, make photocopies, fax, alphabetize, maintain database information
- Operate various computer programs, including: StarRez, Google Drive, Outlook, Canvas, CANVA, etc.… (training provided)
- Must respond to emergency situations with sense of urgency and moderate physical effort
- Communicate regularly with all group and team staff and work in a team environment
- Assume other duties as assigned
- For reasons of safety and security, must successfully pass a background check prior to the start of employment
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Must be enrolled (and current) at Clemson University as a Full-Time student (undergraduate) or enrolled in one of Clemson University’s Master’s Programs (graduate)
- Must be available to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and/or breaks
- Must complete ALL group and individual training
- Must maintain a professional work environment
- Must be able to confront and respond to students that violate community guidelines
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and clearly explain Housing & Residence Life policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze complex situations and develop effective strategies to resolve issues
- Ability to take initiative and effectively plan, organize, coordinate, and perform required job functions in situations where numerous and competing demands exist
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to project a positive image and attitude towards Clemson Home and the University.
Period of Employment
August 10, 2022, at 12:00 p.m., for staff development and training, through May 12, 2023 at 5:00pm, after released by supervisor.
Pay & Benefits
Area Desk Assistants are paid between $8-$10 per hour.
Work hours will be based on availability and class schedule and may vary during the year. Schedules will remain consistent week to week, with possible opportunities to add hours as coverage is needed.