New Student Requirements
- Be accepted to Clemson University
- Set up your username using your CUID number from the Admitted Student Portal. Contact CCIT for support.
- Pay Enrollment Deposit
- Allow 1-2 business days for your user credentials to populate in our system
- Allow 2-3 business days for record of your Enrollment Deposit to populate. Allow additional time if paying by check.
Do I have to live on campus and purchase a meal plan?
First-Year & Bridge Requirement
All first year and Bridge students are required to live on-campus. This policy is intended to support your college transition and help to ensure your engagement and success during your first year. Only students who live at home with their parent or guardian in one of the three counties surrounding Clemson University (Anderson, Pickens, and Oconee) are exempt from this requirement.
First-Year students are required to purchase an Unlimited meal plan for the Academic Year.
Is housing guaranteed for me?
Housing is guaranteed and required for first year and Bridge to Clemson students. On-campus housing is prioritized for new-to campus students to support their transition to campus during that critical first year. Continuing students are offered housing as available.
What if I miss the deadline?
First-Year Late Applicants
Don’t worry! Housing is guaranteed for all first-year students. While late applicants will not be able to select roommates or participate in Priority Room Selection, we will offer rolling room selection later in the summer so you can still select your space.
Sign Academic Year Contract
- Select a Term – Academic Year 2023-24 will begin in August 2023.
- Pay the $150 one-time non-refundable contract fee – only assessed on first housing contract & must be paid with credit card.
- Review, sign, and print/save contract & addendum – legally binding upon acceptance.
- Select Your Dining Plan – First-Year students must select an unlimited plan
- Consider Your Community Choices – Living-Learning Community or No LLC housing
What are my Academic Year housing options and rates?
A Living-Learning Community (LLC) allows you to pick your community rather than a building. We offer a wide selection of LLCs focused on a variety of topics, including Major, Identity, and Involvement-centered. Check out our LLC page for a full list of available communities.
General First-Year Housing allows you to select from any available non-LLC space in a First-Year residential community.
What are my Academic Year dining options and rates?
- Unlimited Plans
- Unlimited 300
- Unlimited 200
- Unlimited 100
When will I move in and out?
- 2023 Move-In will occur August 16-19
- Housing will close for Winter Break Dec 16
- Housing will reopen January 7
- 2024 Move-Out will occur May 4
Students who will need to remain on campus through Winter Break will need to select an apartment space in Calhoun Courts during room selection.
Residents will not be required to move out for Winter Break, but will not have access to their space during this period. Apartment residents may submit a Winter Break late stay request if there are extenuating circumstances.
New Student Contract Open February 1 (at 8:30 AM ET) – May 15 (at 12:00 PM Noon ET)
Create Academic-Year Roommate Group
- Create your profile in the Clemson Home Portal
- Create your roommate group prior to the deadline.
- Select one, two or three roommates
- Four is the maximum group size
What if I don’t know who I want my roommate to be?
Don’t worry! The Clemson Home Portal has a roommate matching option, so you will be able to create a profile, answer the lifestyle questions, and search for other students who may be a good fit as a roommate.
How Can I Search For a Roommate?
Whether you are trying to create a group with someone you already know or needing to use our roommate matching tools, you’ll simply need to visit the Roommate Groups section of the Clemson Home Portal and use one of the search options.
Search by details allows you to search by specific details such as name, keyword, state, Clemson username, and age.
Suggest roommates gives you a percent match based on your profile responses.
Search by Lifestyle Question allows you to filter profiles by specific responses to profile questions.
What if I want a random roommate?
All students will select their own space, so you will still want to form a roommate group prior to the deadline. The Roommate Matching process in the Portal will provide suggestions for potential roommates and you can connect directly from there.
New Student Roommate Groups Open Feb. 1 (at 8:30 AM ET) – May 15 (at 12:00 PM Noon ET)
Select Your Academic Year Space
You will be emailed a specific timeslot during which you will select a space for you and your roommate(s) (if applicable).
- May 17 – Time slot notifications sent in early evening to First-Year student Clemson email accounts
- May 18 – Room Selection for Honors & RISE
- May 19 – Room Selection for all other First-Year Living-Learning Communities
- May 23-25 – Room Selection for First-Year students who did not select a community on the Community Choice page
- All students will need to log in to the Portal to select their own move-in appointments after being assigned to a space.
How will I know when I can select my housing
You will receive an email with a timeslot. You will need to compare your timeslot with the other members of your roommate group. The roommate with the earliest time will need to select for the whole group. If you are in a group of 3 or 4, be sure that you have discussed with your roommates how the group will be split into the rooms in the suite. If there are no spaces available for your group size, you may need to split up and one person from each room or suite will need to select.
How does priority work?
Priority is based on your University application date as well as your community choice. Students who select a Living-Learning Community in the Community Choice section will only be able to choose spaces designated for their LLC. These students will receive timeslots on LLC days, based on their application date.