- Turn in both pieces to the Area Desk. You must turn in the top part of your key, which reads “State of S.C.; Do Not Duplicate.”
- Check out a temporary key at the Area Desk.
- EXTENDED DEADLINE: this temporary key is due one calendar week from the date of check-out, at 7pm. This deadline is extended in order to give the lock shop time to replace your broken key.
- The lock shop will cut you a new key at no cost, and you will be emailed when it is time to pick up your new key.
- Return your temporary key at the Area Desk.
- Pick up your new key within 48 hours of notification.
What happens if my key breaks?
Was this helpful?
We’ll use your feedback to improve our resources. If you still need additional help, please fill out the form below or contact us!