What is EcoReps?
EcoReps is Clemson Home’s sustainability-focused, student leadership program. EcoReps includes 22 members and 4 student-filled executive board positions. The Graduate Assistant for Sustainability advises involved students.
An EcoRep is an individual who is committed to taking action towards a sustainable Clemson. EcoReps live on campus and are a part of each residential community’s Community Council. Each community council has 2 spots specifically reserved for EcoReps. To join EcoReps, students must be elected by the students in your community during the Fall semester. While involved in EcoReps, each student will participate in sustainability education and empower themselves and others to create positive change.
EcoReps seek to promote a strong foundation of sustainable lifestyle practices within the Clemson University campus and community, through fostering a culture of awareness, respect, accountability, and education among peers, staff, and faculty.
- To foster clear awareness of and concern about economic, social, political, and ecological interdependence in Clemson University’s on-campus students.
- To provide every on-campus students and staff opportunities to acquire the knowledge, values, attitudes, commitment, and skills needed to protect and improve the environment.
- To create new patterns of behavior exhibited by individuals, groups, and society as a whole toward the environment.
(Adopted from âThe Tbilisi Declaration” 1977)
Every semester EcoReps hold sustainability-related events around campus. Listed below are some previous events that EcoReps have held/participated in.
- Adopt-A-Stream Water Monitoring
- Recycling Pick-Ups in Residential Communities
- EcoMadness Water and Energy Conservation Contest
- GameDay Recycling
- Meatless Monday Tabling in Dining Halls
- Southeastern EcoReps Conference
- Earth Day Festival
- Bamboo Toothbrush Drive
- Plant Giveaways
- RecycleMania Tabling
For any additional questions email Gina Cilluffo, the Graduate Assistant for Sustainability at firstname.lastname@example.org.