We appreciate your patience and understanding that the buildings, apartments, and rooms may seem hot on Move-In Weekend. All doors are open and many people are entering and exiting the buildings, making it difficult to regulate the air flow. Please know that it may take 48 to 72 hours for the building to regain its normal temperature.
- Please do not open the windows.
- Close your door. Leaving the door open allows all the cool air to escape into the hall.
- Please do not adjust your thermostat below 72/74 degrees.
- If the room does not have a thermostat, place the fan coil cooling on medium and fan speed on medium or low.
- If you have an air conditioner (Lightsey Bridge I or II) or gas pack (Thornhill Village), DO NOT TURN THE THERMOSTAT ALL THE WAY DOWN. This will make the unit freeze up, and it will have to defrost before it starts cooling again.
- A fan will help until the building recovers from all doors being open.
- After allowing time and the room is still not cool you may make a maintenance request.