Can first year students live off campus?

In order to live off campus as a first-year student, your primary residence needs to be in Oconee, Pickens or Anderson Counties. If you meet this requirement, please fill out the Appeals form to secure a waiver.

Also, they will require additional documentation. This refers to a letter written by the parents/legal guardian consisting of the students’ name, XID, a statement regarding to fact that the student will be living with you for the academic year and the home address. This letter would include a handwritten signature. You may scan the letter and email it to

Related questions

If you experience any issues accessing online content, please let us know by contacting or 864-656-2295.