Smith Hall

Located on east campus, Smith is one of the three “low-rises” in the Bryan Mall area and houses three national sororities. The rooms in these residence halls accommodate two students. Each of these buildings can house 150 students and is carpeted throughout. The rooms are arranged in suites of six or seven rooms with communal baths on each end of the floor.

  • Number of residential rooms
    144 Spaces
  • Room rate
  • Resident type
    Fraternity & Sorority
  • Women
Example room in Mauldin Hall Clemson University

East Campus Area Desk

Area Desk

Contact East Campus Area Desk

McKenzie Kitzmiller

Graduate Assistant of Fraternity and Sorority Housing

Contact McKenzie Kitzmiller

Preston Kell

Graduate Assistant of Fraternity and Sorority Housing

Contact Preston Kell


When can I move onto my Chapter Hall?

Chapter members must have completed one semester at a college or university before they are eligible to live on the Chapter Hall. New freshmen may not reside in Fraternity Sorority Housing their first semester. However, new freshmen who become chapter members during their first semester may move onto the chapter hall for their second semester per the Chapter's Hall Assignments Roster for Mid Year Room Changes, no earlier than January during the prescribed room change period. At any point in the semester, within the Room Change dates, if a current chapter member would like to move on the Chapter Hall, they would need to speak to the House Manager to be approved and added to the Chapter's Hall Assignment Roster.

How can our Chapter update/upgrade our Chapter Space?

Chapter space renovations are cyclical from National Headquarters just as with any organization, even University Housing. If your chapter finds that you would like to look into a renovation of your chapter space, please reach out to the Coordinator for Fraternity Sorority Housing. At this point a meeting can be scheduled and plan can be put together of the information the chapter needs to put together for a renovations proposal.

I am no longer a member, how can I move off the Chapter Hall?

Contact your chapter president and indicate your intent to leave the chapter. University Housing will not move a resident out of Fraternity Sorority Housing as long as the member is still affiliated with the organization.

Please work with your chapter president to remove you from the University's Greek Roster system. After your chapter president has completed your removal from the University's Greek Roster
system, please reach out to the Coordinator for Fraternity Sorority Housing requesting a room change from the hall.

Once University Housing staff have verified your membership status, you can then be begin the room change process from the Chapter Hall.

Our Chapter has terminated the membership of a chapter member, what is the next step for a room change?

The chapter president will review membership status with the member and will update their membership status in the University's Greek Roster System to "terminated". The chapter president should then reach out to the Coordinator for Fraternity Sorority Housing indicating the Greek
Roster system update has been made.

When the Coordinator for Fraternity Sorority Housing verifies the updated membership status they will reach out to the student to begin the room change process.

Drugs and Alcohol

Drug & Alcohol Safety


Housing Rules


Housing Rules

Weapons & Fireworks

Housing Rules