How do I Loft the Bed?
Students are responsible for lofting their own beds. However, lofting the provided ADA compliant modular beds is a simple process requiring two people. Just follow the steps below.
- Remove the mattress
- Lift all four corners of the spring frame out of the headboard and footboard
- Raise the frame to the desired height (11 different options)
- Hook the frame on the brackets on each leg
- Make sure it’s secure
- Replace the mattress
- Enjoy the extra space!
What is a Modular Bed Frame?
- The bed frames provided are modular, which will allow you to raise or lower your bed to various heights without the need of a loft kit. Raising the height of your bed creates more floor space, which allow more room for things like futons and TV’s.
- There is no additional cost for this type of bed frame.
- You will no longer need to hassle with renting a loft because the adjustable bed frame serves the same function as a loft.
Where are Modular Bed Frames Provided?
Clemson Home is committed to providing you with a safe and comfortable living environment; modular bed furniture is in every residence hall and suite-style room.
Where Can I Get A Bed Rail?
Bed rails should be in your room or at the front desk of your community.
Am I Allowed to Use Additional Materials to Raise the Bed Frame Higher?
- Raised platform floors, bed risers or other physical space alterations are not allowed in any University-owned housing.
- Also, personally constructed lofts are prohibited in University Housing.
- Please contact University Housing & Dining if you have any questions about our furniture policy.