Smith and Barnett
Located on east campus, Smith and Barnett are two of the three “low-rises” in the Bryan Mall area, and house three national sororities each. The rooms in these residence halls accommodate two students.
The “low-rises” are located just across from the high-rise residence halls. Each of these buildings can house 150 students and is carpeted throughout. The rooms are arranged in suites of six or seven rooms with communal baths on each end of the floor.
Community Tech Guide
- A full kitchen with a microwave oven and club rooms are located on the lower level of each building.
- TV lounges are available on the first floor of each building.
- The rooms, lounges and hallways are carpeted.
- Laundry facilities are located on the lower level of each building.
- Schilletter Dining Hall is located within Bryan Mall.
- The Hendrix Student Center is nearby.
- Redfern Health Center is located across the street.
- Smoking is prohibited on campus. For more information about the University’s tobacco policy, click here to be redirected.
- Lofts are not permitted in Smith or Barnett.
- Two over-sized single beds
- Two individual desks and chairs
- Two closets
- Two chests of drawers
- Two wall-mounted mirrors
- Tack boards
- Air conditioning
- Venetian blinds
- High-speed Internet access
- Premium Cable Package
- Bed: 36” x 85”
- Desk: 31” x 38” x 41”
- Chest of Drawers: 16” x 32” x 40”
- Window: 33” x 65”
* Exact measurements of a room or furniture may vary.