Be sure to label your boxes! Print these labels on Avery 5164/8164 or regular paper and attach to your boxes.
- Bathroom cleaning supplies*
- Trash can
- Broom & dust pan or small vacuum
- Toilet paper (for suite- and apartment-style spaces)
- Laundry basket, detergent & fabric softener (for HE machines)
- Towels (bath, hand, washcloth)
- Flip-flops for showering
- Bedding to fit an extra-long twin mattress~: mattress cover/topper, sheets, pillows, blankets
~Important note: Residents residing in the West Neighborhood (Buildings A, B, C and D) of Douthit Hills will need bedding to fit a full size mattress as all of the beds in this community are full size.
- Clothes hangers
- Storage bins
- Futon, chairs or bean bags
- Personal items to decorate space
- Push pins or white sticky tack
- Re-usable water bottle
- A few dishes (bowl, plate, flatware)
- Can opener
- Laptop (CCIT’s List)
- Flashlight and batteries
- First aid kit/medicine
- Lanyard or key/ID holder
- Umbrella, rain coat & boots
- Lamps (no halogen bulbs)
- Coffee maker
- Hair dryer, flat iron
- Power strip (no extension cords)
MicroFridge® units are the only microwaves allowed in residence hall rooms due to energy concerns. They are a freezer, refrigerator and microwave all in one that gets delivered straight to your room before move-in.
Our Campus Market is where you can find great Twin XL sheets to fit our residence hall beds as well as a large selection of gifts, dÃ©cor, and Clemson apparel.
Things to Leave Behind
We ask that residents do not bring the following items. This is done to keep our residents safe and our res halls in good condition. These items are prohibited in all University Housing.
- Air conditioners and space heaters
- Parachute canopies on the ceiling
- Cooking appliances (i.e. rice cooker, toaster oven, hot plate)
- Fog, Smoke, and Haze Machines
- Weapons, explosives and fireworks
- Candles and wax warmers
- Halogen lamps
- Extension cords
- Pets other than fish
- Screws, nails
- Change for laundry (Not prohibited just not needed.)
*(Common bathroom areas will be cleaned by custodial staff all residents who have a sink, bathroom or kitchenette in their space will be responsible for their own cleaning)
Room decorations such as posters, curtains, bulletin boards, etc. may be used along with push pins and white sticky tack. However, no drilling or nailing is allowed. Curtains (tension rod recommended) must be fire resistant.