The Desk Supervisor is responsible for assisting with all functions of the Clemson University residence halls and apartments front desks by providing customer service to the conferences, camps, and Summer residents that are housed in the buildings from May-August. This person staffs the front desks of the assigned buildings.
- Perform accurate check-in and check-out functions for groups and assist Conference Aide with additional duties that may arise both at the front desk and at other locations.
- Assist Conference Aide in preparing key/meal card packets for assigned groups.
- Provide excellent customer service in-person and by answering the desk phone.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and all training sessions.
- Communicate regularly with Conference Aides, Set Up Crew, Community Director, and other staff.
- Communicate and provide assistance for any building or group issues that may arise in a timely manner.
- Become proficient in Tribuo and Picture Perfect. Set door alarms in youth buildings during overnight shifts.
- Become proficient in keyboxes and keybox audits.
- Work with Community Director to design and post appropriate signage and bulletin boards.
- Multi-task and prioritize functions to meet deadlines. Assess situations and determine the action needed.
- Make rounds inside the building during late shift hours and as needed.
- Work in a team environment.
- Assist with 2013 Fall Early Arrival check-ins.
- Assist with other duties, as needed.
- Attend mandatory training May 13-17, 2013 and begin work as early as May 13 or later depending upon staff assignments.
- Work from staff designated start date through August 16, 2012.
- May be enrolled in Summer classes as long as it does not conflict with job duties and shifts.
- Ability to work 6-hour shifts that include these hours: 6am-12pm, 12pm-6pm, 6pm-12am, 12am-6am. Ability to work weekends and work 25-40 hours per week.
- Enrolled as a Clemson University student in spring 2013 semester.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.25 at time of submission of application.
- Lived in University Housing for a minimum of one semester and required to live on campus from May 11-August 11, 2013.
- Ability to maintain a friendly and welcoming demeanor at all times.
- Ability to learn and use Tribuo and Picture Perfect.
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills.
Pay and Benefits
- $8.00 per hour
- Meal Plan (3 meals per day); Fike access; On-Campus Housing