The Conference Aide provides services for conferences, camps, and Summer residents that are housed in Clemson University residence halls and apartments from May-August. This person serves as the primary contact to the program sponsors. Conference Aides assists groups with check-ins, check-outs, building issues, and any customer services that may arise from arrival through departure.
- Be available by cell phone 24/7 (phone provided by department).
- Be available to work 6-hour shifts (6am-12pm; 12pm-6pm; 6pm-12am; 12am-6am) in office and move around campus to handle all functions of the 24-hour hospitality desk.
- Conduct check-ins and check-outs for assigned groups.
- Prepare key/meal card packets for assigned groups.
- Provide excellent customer service in-person and by phone.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and all training sessions.
- Communicate regularly with Associate Director, Program Coordinator, Community Directors, and other staff. Meet with Community Directors and Desk Supervisors weekly to provide details regarding assigned groups.
- Provide all information to assigned groups and staff in a timely manner.
- Become proficient in Tribuo and Picture Perfect.
- Ensure residence halls are ready for assigned group’s arrival. Assist with rounds in buildings during late shifts.
- Become proficient in keyboxes and keybox audit system.
- Collaborate with assigned groups and other departments, as needed, to provide successful guest experience.
- Multi-task and prioritize functions to meet deadlines.
- Work independently and be primary point of contact for assigned groups.
- Work in a team environment.
- Assist with 2013 Fall Early Arrival building preparation and check-in.
- Assist with other duties, as needed.
- Work from May 6-August 16, 2013, including Graduation Weekend Housing.
- Not enrolled in Summer classes, not employed by another department or organization, and not involved in other activities that would limit availability.
- Ability to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, nights, and weekends and work up to 40 hours per week and overtime, as needed. Must be willing to have limited time-off while assigned groups are living in the buildings.
- Enrolled as a Clemson University student in spring 2013 semester.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.25 at time of submission of application.
- Lived in University Housing for a minimum of one semester and required to live on campus from May 11-August 11, 2013.
- Ability to maintain a friendly and welcoming demeanor at all times.
- Ability to learn and use Tribuo, Picture Perfect, and keyboxes.
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
Pay and Benefits
- $9.00 per hour
- Meal Plan (3 meals per day); Fike access; On-Campus Housing