Housing on the Quad
Originally constructed in 1935 and renovated in 2005, this area offers double-occupancy rooms and a few private rooms. Space for 444 undergraduate students is available, and men and women may be housed on separate floors within each residence hall.
The exterior was kept as it was designed in the ’30s, but the interior provides an atmosphere that supports communal living while promoting academic success. It is a model for unity, inclusiveness and diversity.
This area houses students who are members of various fraternities and sororities.
- “House-style” living and amenities are offered.
- Each organization has a kitchen and dining area.
- Laundry facilities are located throughout the community.
- Study lounges are available for each house.
- Entry is accessible only to residents of that particular house.
- The closest dining hall is located in Core Campus, the Fresh Food Company.
- Student Mail Services are conveniently located next to Holmes and McCabe in the Edgar Brown University Union.
- Residents of legal drinking age are allowed to have alcohol in their private residence room.
- Smoking is prohibited on campus. For more information about the University’s tobacco policy, click here to be redirected.
- Outside lofts (purchased, rented or constructed) are not permitted since the bed frames provided allow lofting, bunking or raising the bed to a captain’s height.
- Two over-sized single beds
- Two individual desks and chairs
- Two chests of drawers
- One closet
- One lavatory sink and a mirror
- Tile floors (not carpet)
- Air conditioning
- Venetian blinds
- High-speed Internet access
- Premium Cable Package
Fraternity and Sorority Housing on the Quad Measurements*
- Bed: 36″ W x 85″ L
- Desk: 24″ x 26″ x 30″
- Chest of Drawers: 24″ L x 26″ W x 30″ H
- Closet: 24″ W x 72″ L
- Window: 46″ W x 64″ L
* Exact measurements of a room or furniture may vary.